As traditional financing remains elusive for many, microfinance is an attractive alternative for individuals, often considered "unbankable", to access small loans that can help them become self-sufficient. Talking about microfinance, which aims to provide financial services such as loans and savings to people who are financially and socially excluded, fintech has made significant strides. Microfinance is critical because it provides individuals and entrepreneurs with access to much-needed financial resources, enabling them to start or grow their businesses, pay for healthcare or education, and build a better future for themselves and their families.
This type of loans are provided all around the world, but the majority of microfinancing operations happen in developing countries like Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Afghanistan, Democratic Republic of Congo, Indonesia, and Ecuador. The global microfinance market was valued at an estimated $187 billion in 2022, and is expected to reach $500 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 12.3% over that period. Compared to the SME’s sub-segment of the global commercial lending market which is anticipated to grow at the fastest CAGR of 16.9% and reach $13,148.4 billion by 2028, growing from $3,907.2 billion in 2020, the microfinance market shows a smaller percentage but representative growth phase globally.
Microfinance allows people to access small capital from non-traditional lenders, but they must charge interest on loans like regular financial institutions, in most cases high interest rates compared to other types of loans. To dive more into the topic, let’s explore what kind of loans belong to the microfinancing spectrum:
- Microloans: also called microcredit, are short term loans that usually issue a small amount of money and usually target small businesses in need of capital and those who do not qualify or don’t need a large traditional loan.
- Payday loans: these short term loans have extremely high interest rates, and the payment is usually due on the borrower’s next payday, same as the microloan they issue a small amount of money and no credit history is required.
- Consumer loans: this type of credit aims to help people with personal expenses like devices, home appliances, travel, education and more. Consumer loans include: mortgages, credit cards, auto loans, education loans, refinance loans, home equity loans and personal loans. There are different benefits with consumer loans like decent interest rates, the approval time is quick, easy access and not many documents required.
Challenges Faced by Microfinance Institutions:
- Microfinance institutions have to deal with a high volume of loan applications; the cost of those transactions are fixed and are high; this causes a significant challenge to all the institutions.
- Potential risks associated with the creditworthiness of borrowers that sometimes can lead companies to wrong decisions and the risk of losing money.
- Communication barriers and poor customer service.
- Lack of adequate infrastructure, collateral, and credit history make it challenging for lenders to assess the creditworthiness of potential borrowers.
That's where automation comes in. By using software that automates microfinance processes, companies can overcome those challenges mentioned before associated with microfinance. FTM's Lending Management System offers a Micro Financing solution designed to help financial institutions and lenders offer short-term borrowing options to customers based on their income, credit score, debt amount and more. The platform provides a comprehensive and user-friendly solution for managing payday lending operations, including loan management, customer service, third-party integrations and risk management that can be easily automated to decrease the default rates.
This is How You Can Customize Our Product:
-Adaptive product configurations: Stay competitive in finance by adjusting loans using our adaptable choices. This includes setting loan amounts, terms, interest rates, and collateral, while also following new rules.
-Personalized product offers: FTM's lending management system lets companies personalize loans for each person. This means adjusting loan amounts, repayment schedules, interest rates, and grace periods based on individual profiles and risks. This makes clients happier and improves loan repayment chances.
Our loan management software also includes analytics, reporting tools to help you track the performance of your payday lending business, payment providers and other integrations for communications, credit scoring, risk management, KYC, and digital signing. With our automated loan management process, you can save time and resources, while reducing the risk of errors. Elevate your lending business to new heights and gain a competitive edge in the market with Fintech Market's solution.
The Role of Financial Technology in Modernizing Microfinance:
As the world becomes more interconnected and digitally oriented, leveraging financial technologies is not just an option but a necessity. Fintech solutions enhance the accessibility, efficiency, and scalability of microfinancing operations. They enable institutions to reach previously unreachable populations, reduce operational costs, and mitigate risks through data-driven decision-making. By automating processes, analyzing borrower behaviors, and tailoring products to individual needs, fintech revolutionizes how microfinance institutions operate and fulfill their mission of providing financial inclusion. The convergence of microfinance and fintech holds immense promise in lifting individuals and communities out of poverty, fostering entrepreneurship, and fostering economic growth on a global scale.
Our Lending System is designed to work with companies from around the world, regardless of their location. Whether you're a startup or an established business, Fintech Market's Microfinancing solution can help you grow your lending business, gain a competitive edge in the market, and improve financial inclusion for underserved communities.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about how our Micro Financing solution can help your business provide essential financial services to individuals and entrepreneurs worldwide.
About Fintech Market
Fintech Market (FTM) operates in the lending software market, providing a comprehensive SaaS-based lending management system for financial service institutions. The platform encompasses loans, deposits, current accounts, and investments, along with essential features like CRM, KYC, risk management, and debt management. FTM serves neobanks, SME loan providers, car leasing businesses, and buy-now-pay-later providers in the EU, Mexico, and Indonesia, offering tailored solutions to optimize their operations within the lending software market.